Sunday 1 November 2009

Madge Crumb - Unveiled

Well, I think (hope) that I've finally got Madge Crumb the controller of Cloud 109 looking like the controller of Cloud 109 should look. Dave Morris (writer who along with artist Leo Hartas are the creators of the wonderful and epic Mirabilis graphic adventure) posted on this blog and suggested a Madonna-esque solution and the more I thought about this idea the more I liked it.

So in she goes with a hint of a wet look spiral perm, with a couple of fronds hanging in front of the eyes - as you're never quite sure where you are with old Madge, she's not giving much away and you just know that she's definitely not on the level.

I've mentioned on an earlier posting how many of the people you see in the cyber lounge scenes have generously agreed to take a little time off from their dissolute and alternative life styles to make fleeting appearances on these pages and again I've included a few work in progress moments towards the end of the process of getting this particular page together.And then once this page is up for me it's back to the dungeons with the team as things start to go horribly weird on them.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very flattered to have influenced her look - when I saw my name-check there I had to do a double take :-) The glam but devious/scary image is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dave, I'm very flattered that you are flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we be able to but it as a book on paper when it's finished?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you Oli!

    Yes it's definitely going to appear in print, the whole intent with the blog is to build a readership so that when it does go to print we have got an audience literally humming with anticipation.

    Which does of course mean that we're not going to reveal quite everything online.

    Got to maintain a little suspense.

    Talking of which the entire story does cover three books which is a total of 180 pages(ulp!).

    I know everything that happens in book 1, but nothing about books 2 and 3 apart from the last panel of the last page of book 3 and that's so devastating that I'm still coming to terms with it.

    Suffice it to say that it's a really brilliant story but there are aspects to it which are slightly doing my head in because I am so attached to the characters.

    ReplyDelete